For vitality and wellness in these high-tech times, we don’t have to give up the convenient gadgets we rely on, and love; we do need to use them differently. In clear, easy-to-understand language this team of experts gives readers the details, tools, coaching and resources they need to assess, prevent, and heal from the electro-magnetic radiation exposure that surrounds us all.
An engaging narrative style is consistent throughout the book, with technical information, references, research, and preventive measures for the healthy population. Interventions of value are also provided for people with related symptoms, and peer-reviewed studies and clinical protocols are referenced for their doctors. This informal, interactive style — written in scientifically accurate yet non-technical language – is well suited to readers of all ages.
This guide sets out what you need to know – the research and recommendations with easy and affordable solutions from the world’s leading experts:
- Summary of the science;
- Survey to assess your risks and symptoms;
- Simple strategies targeting: sleep problems, dizziness, headaches, tingling in the hands, ringing in the ears, eye pain, bloodshot eyes, skin rashes, cardiac symptoms, cognitive impairment, electro-sensitivity, autism;
- Pregnancy and parenting require safer-tech solutions as never before, as the born and unborn are exposed to harmful – government-sanctioned – levels of radiation: wired and wireless. Learn about the best baby monitors and more;
- Latest on digital addiction and our digital detox program – how this tech-obsessed generation, and their disconnected families, can overcome isolation and reconnect with themselves, each other and the natural world around us;
- A whole section on all things wired and wireless with the concerns, and safer use of each one. We tell you about: all mobile phones, including which headsets are best, why your digital cordless phone could be a hidden health hazard, the best, and worst, baby monitors, the safe distance from a microwave oven, Smart Meters and much more;
- New discoveries for healthy aging in this digital age.
Pregnancy and parenting concerns? See page 41 for an eye-opening summary of the science. To see if symptoms are related to electro-pollution, scan the questionnaire on page 99. On page 52 learn about tech-obsessed people of all ages. More on this, and nature-deficit disorder, on page 317. Check out our Digital Detox program and Tech-free Retreats – unplugging and reconnecting with ourselves, each other, and the natural world – on page 215. Page 317-322: how we can reconnect our children with nature.
Safer use of cell phones, headsets and more page 135 to 153. Challenging the Wi-Fi in your child’s school (page 163- 170), or the cell tower in your neighborhood? See the Statement of Accountability (page 330) and the Index for research. There’s useful information in Resources on page 347.
For help with sleep problems, electro-sensitivity, or the latest healthy aging discoveries, search our Index that begins on page 367.